I am a notorious planner. So in preparation for my summer holiday next week it is not surprising that I am making lists now and thinking about everything I will bring on our weeklong trip to a family cottage up north. My partner, more of a last minute man, rolls his eyes at the amount of thought I put into things like this, but he always gives me the space to do what I do. He also inevitably will reap the benefit of my over planning, usually in the way of things like sunscreen or toothpaste. My need for over preparation extends beyond my suitcase and toiletry bag all the way to the beer cooler as I map out all the new beers I want to try and my old favourites that I consider necessity for a week at the lake. My partner, his father and I are all big beer enthusiast and this cooler full of refreshing treats will make for great conversation out on the dock, at our dinner feasts or around the campfire. Here is what is coming with us to our little hideaway in the woods next week:
New and Local: Local beers that I have yet to try!
- 100th Meridian Organic Amber Lager (LCBO #383786) by Mill Street Brewery
- Saint of Circumstance Citrus Infused Blonde Ale (LCBO #379966) by Collective Arts
- Lawn Chair Classic Weisse (LCBO #380535) by Hop City Brewing Co.
- Patio Saison (LCBO #389064) by Beau’s All Natural Brewing
- River Walker Summer Ale (LCBO #343103) by Lake of Bays Brewing
New and Foreign: Beers from elsewhere that I have been longing to try for sometime!
- Matilda Belgian Style Ale (LCBO #331272) by Goose Island Brewing, Illinois
- Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA (LCBO #365692) by Pyramid Brewing Co. Portland, OR
- Tusker Premium Lager (LCBO #216713) by East African Breweries in Nairobi, Kenya
- Ayinger Brauweisse Hefe Weizen (LCBO #273656) by Brauerei Aying, Aying, Germany
New and Different: Not your classic beer styles, these beers have a certain uniqueness to them!
- Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier (LCBO #409110) by Heller-Brau Trum Kg, Bamberg, Germany
This is a smoked beer I have been interested in trying after reading about it on a few other beer bucket lists.
- Fraoch Heather Ale No. 22 (LCBO #372862) by Williams Bros Brewing, Scotland
Aged in Auchentoshan whiskey casks and available in limited and numbered bottles this is a conversation piece for any beer aficionados.
Old Favourites: Tried and tested and cottage approved!
- Kostritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager (LCBO #198374) by Kostritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei, Germany
Simply a beautiful black lager!
- Steam Whistle Premium Pilsner (LCBO #91157, #547646, #280081)
Classic, refreshing and meant for the cottage!
- Muskoka Craft Lager (LCBO #175810) by Lakes of Muskoka Cottage Brewery
The perfect pair for a grilled burger and sunshine!
- Sparkhouse Red Ale (LCBO #242180) by Lake of Bays Brewing
My favourite from the Lake of Bays lineup! It is an instant classic and perfect for socializing with friends around the campfire.
There is still time before I leave- is there anything else you think I should add to my cooler? Let me know with a comment!